Mix It Up, written by Herve Tullet
The New York Times bestselling book, a brilliant companion to the mega-selling classic Press Here, is now gently compressed into a toddler-friendly board book.
With the graphic intensity of Eric Carle, the whimsy of Leo Lionni, the humor of The Day the Crayons Quit, but a vision all his own, Hervé Tullet invites readers to MIX IT UP in a dazzling adventure of color and tones, filled with magic and wonder. This New York Times bestselling book from the creator of Press Here is now available in an ever-so-toddler-friendly board book edition.
Follow the artist's simple instructions, and suddenly colors appear . . . mix . . . splatter . . . and vanish in a vivid world powered only by the reader's imagination. The result is not only enchantment and giggles, but a real and deeper understanding of colors brought by a true master of his craft. Just as in Press Here, Hervé Tullet sets readers on an extraordinary journey of color, motion, and interactivity without ever relying on the bells and whistles of technology, but rather by working within the confines of the flat surface of an unassuming printed page. Hervé once again displays his unique genius and vision, creating a work that is a glorious and richly satisfying companion to Press Here. Mix It Up! is the perfect gift book for parents and their little ones to cherish and read again and again, as well as an invaluable teaching tool for pre-K classrooms.
• AWARD-WINNING BOOK: Mix It Up! was a Junior Library Guild Selection, a Buzzfeed Best Book of the Year, a PBS Parents Best Picture Book, an ACL Distinguished Book, and selected as a Best Book of the Year by Chicago Public Library.
• AN INNOVATIVE, INTERACTIVE WAY TO TEACH KIDS ABOUT COLOR: Each delightful page turn mixes colors and teaches kids basic color theory.
• AN EDUCATIONAL GIFT: The gorgeous graphic visuals make this book an irresistible choice for gift-giving, while the educational concept is an appealing bonus.
• STIMULATES THE IMAGINATION: Celebrates the magic of imagination of three simple colors transforming into an entire rainbow of possibilities. A tour-de-force of imagination that mixes the whimsical minimalism of Duck! Rabbit! with the graphic intensity of Eric Carle.
• The millions of child and adult fans of Hervé Tullet and Press Here in both its hard cover and board book incarnations
• Fans of Eric Carle's Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Leo Lionni's magical Little Blue and Little Yellow, other books about color
• Anyone looking to demonstrate the power of a physical book or looking for books to open the imagination
• Pre-schools, nurseries, kindergartens, art programs